Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Basil and Lemons part I


I'm continuing with the basil and lemon theme from the previous post.  I thought I'd make pesto for our contractor who is working on our bathroom.  My husband was appalled when he learned that I hadn't been feeding him.   Turns out the contractor eats everything except for pesto.


So I'm serving the pesto over spaghetti to John for dinner.  Along with some pan-fried scallops.

Below is a quick pesto recipe:

1 1/2 cups chopped basil leaves
3 cloves garlic (you may add more if you wish)
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 grated parmigiano cheese (more or less depending on your taste)
Squeeze of lemon juice
Salt and pepper 
Paprika

Throw everything into a food processor until smooth.

The scallops are even easier.  No photos - they were eaten right away.  I bought 7 extra large ones.  Wash with cold water and pat dry with a towel and put in a bowl.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika to taste.   In a frying pan, add some olive oil - 1 tablespoon and when hot, add the scallops, cook about a couple of minutes on each side until firm.  Serve with some lemon.



No comments:

Post a Comment